Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Day 9 of Blogging Challenge- Podcast Thoughts On Creating a Podcast

 This blog post is the ninth in a series of 14 that will be used to reJumpStart my blogging habit. I started a few years ago and lost interest (and the habit) of blogging. I was looking for a way to encourage and prod me to start this habit again. Maybe this will get you thinking about blogging again or for the first time. Found this inspiration as I was reading blogs. I hope you will follow me and provide me with moral Internet support.

Of course, still getting consistent blogging legs is my first priority. I am interested in podcasts as well. I enjoy listening to them and later in a blog I can provide the list of the ones I listen to on a consistent basis. Here I will write a shorter blog on a subject I am just learning about.

From what I have read subjects for podcasting are much like blogging. Find a subject you are an expert in and podcast away. There are steps to setup and equipment needed, I will briefly cover where to review a few articles that will help to start your podcasting journey.

To learn how to setup and care for your platform I strongly recommend reading Michael Hyatt’s blog , Hyatt covers a lot of areas of leadership and creating a platform. For some more specific information on setting up a podcast, here is a great article to explain the equipment and process, read here. Here are few other links to review for podcasting equipment and here. Another great person to follow for podcasting advice is Cliff Ravenscraft known as the Podcast Answerman.

While far from the details, hopefully you have a few thoughts and articles to consider starting your own podcast. As I continue my journey, I will keep posted on my own progress.


Have you considered starting your own podcast?

No comments: