Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Day 10 of Blogging Challenge- Bobber Idea

This blog post is the 10th in a series of 14 that will be used to reJumpStart my blogging habit. I started a few years ago and lost interest (and the habit) of blogging. I was looking for a way to encourage and prod me to start this habit again. Maybe this will get you thinking about blogging again or for the first time. Found this inspiration as I was reading blogs. I hope you will follow me and provide me with moral Internet support.

Do you ride a motorcycle? I just started earlier this year and have become addicted to riding. I rarely say no when my friends are ready to head out for a ride. Currently, I have a Harley-Davidson Road Glide Special but I have discovered another type of bike that allows you build your own called a bobber.

What is a bobber?

A bobber is basically a stripped down bike almost minimalist that you only have the bare necessities needed to operate the bike. Some would compare them to a café racer.

To build one there are quite a few ways to start one, the basic steps are to find a bike, strip it down. Usually shorten the fenders and remove most of nonessentials on the bike. Most will setup as a hard tail meaning there are no shocks. They also have as little of an exhaust system as possible which will make for a loud bike.

The internet is full of sites and information on how to build a bobber. As with most projects ensure you do an adequate amount of research and planning. Your budget will control how elaborate you can get with a build.

Including a few pictures below to show you what is possible.


Have you ever thought about building your own Bobber?


No comments: